Eduardo Pérez-Cabrero is a plastic artist, born in Barcelona in 1961. He works between Barcelona, Madrid (Spain), Miami FL (USA) and Dubai & Ras Al Khaimah (UAE). His work is characterized by the influence of the Mediterranean Sea and its culture. His production is mainly in sculpture, with organic references. It works rounded and sinuous shapes in large formats. His work is made in aluminum, brass, resins, cement and ceramics. His work is sincere, simple, pure. An exaltation of the “Joie de Vivre”, it is optimistic, clear and direct. It encloses messages parallel to his way of understanding life, in some cases it can be seen as intriguing and mysterious, even enigmatic, an aspect that leads us to see the works in a more introspective dimension.
The Mediterranean art in which he is immersed is characterized by the fusion of sensualism with impressionism. In the Mediterranean environment, impressions are incomparably more energetic. The sea is bluer, the wheat is more golden, the sand is more material, the sky is brighter, the smile more open. His talent is presented as continuity to the artistic and plastic creativity of a family saga.
The industrialist Josep Batlló (1845-1934) -uncle of his maternal great-grandfather- entrusted his friend Antoni Gaudí with the construction of his family home, the renowned “Casa Batlló” on Paseo de Gracia, representative of Barcelona modernism at the beginning of the 20th century. Maestro Pérez-Cabrero (1847-1907) -paternal great-grandfather- was composer and conductor of the Liceo Orchestra, the musical and operatic jewel of Barcelona. Eduardo Pérez-Cabrero is interested in fleeting impressions, the appearance of things, the surfaces and the content of what he observes around him. He explores life from its epidermis, captures the vibrations and transmits them directly to his pieces. He abstracts the essence of the visual impact, processes it and generates pieces of simple and playful conception but of ingenious production. Eduardo Pérez-Cabrero enjoys the pleasure of the vision, he extracts the soul, the illusion, the impression. And he transmits it to his pieces, cheerful and lucid.
- 2022 L.A. ART SHOW (Los Angeles. California) Pigment Gallery (Barcelona. Spain)
- 2022 BY INVITATION ¡Circulo Internacional de Arte Moderno (Circulo Ecuestre) in Barcelona. Spain.
- 2021 LEILA HELLER GALLERY (Dubai, UAE).
- 2021 MICUS GALLERY SPACE (Ibiza, Spain).
- 2021 MANDARIN JUMEIRAH (Dubai, UAE).
- 2020 LUZIO (Barcelona, Spain).
- 2019 DOUBLETREE HILTON HOTEL (Fontanillas, Costa Brava, Spain).
- 2019 MAJESTIC HOTEL (Barcelona, Spain).
- 2019 GRAN CALDERON HOTEL (Barcelona, Spain)
- 2018 EPC_047. ARTSCAPE LAB (Little River-Miami, Florida, USA)
- 2013 ART WINDOW (Barcelona, Spain).
- 2012 ART WINDOW (Barcelona, Spain).
- 2011 ART WINDOW (Barcelona, Spain).
- 2010 GALERIA KROMA (Sant Feliu de Guíxols. Girona, Spain).
- 2021 L.A. ART SHOW. Pigment Gallery (Barcelona, Spain).
- 2021 ESTAMPA. Marita Segovia Gallery (Madrid, Spain).
- 2021 ART MADRID. Marita Segovia Gallery (Madrid, Spain).
- 2021 ART FESTIVAL DUBAI (Dubai, UAE)
- 2020 CASA DECOR 2020 (Madrid, Spain).
- 2020 ART MADRID. Marita Segovia Gallery (Madrid, Spain).
- 2018 PAN AMERICAN ART PROJECTS (Little River-Miami, Florida. USA).
- 2018 MIQUEL ALZUETA GALLERY in PALAU DE CASAVELLS (Casavells, Girona, Spain).
- 2017 CASA DÉCOR (Antonio Maura, Madrid, Spain).
- 2017 ART AL SET (Les Escaldes, Andorra).
- 2016 ART AL SET (Les Escaldes, Andorra).
- 2016 AGORA 3 (Sitges, Spain).
- 2015 ART AL SET (Les Escaldes, Andorra).
- 2014 ART AL SET (Les Escaldes, Andorra).
- 2014 AGORA 3 (Sitges. Spain).
- 2013 ANGELA CORTINA GALLERY (Barcelona. Spain).
- 2012 CASA DÉCOR(Paseo de Gracia, Barcelona, Spain).
- 2012 ART AL SET (Les Escaldes, Andorra).
- 2011 ART LAREN (Laren, Holanda. The Netherlands)
- 2010 CASA DÉCOR (Pedralbes, Barcelona, Spain).
- 2010 "Black on Black" GALERIA PUNTO ARTE (Barcelona, Spain).
- 2009 CASTELL DE BENEDORMIENS (Castell d'Aro. Girona. Spain)
- 2009 ART AL SET (Les Escaldes, Andorra).
- 2008 GALERIA KROMA (Sant Feliu de Guíxols. Girona, Spain)
- 2008 ANGELA CORTINA GALLERY (Barcelona. Spain).